The world's fifth-richest man, Mukesh Ambani, beat the competition with plans to build the first billion-dollar home to grace this earth, Forbes reports. In fact, his 27-story high-rise in India will cost $2 billion when it's done next year. Some of its frills:
- Nine elevators dot the lobby.
- 80% of the ballroom’s ceiling has crystal chandeliers.
- Indian accents keep the modern mansion true to its surroundings.
- With different materials in each, there’s a lounge for every mood.
- A cinema-sized theater offers a wine room and snack bar.
- Man-made snow flurries will help the family of five beat Mumbai’s heat.
- Vertical exterior gardens cool the house and lower its energy footprint.
- A view of the sea graces the floor-to-ceiling rooftop windows.