Kavanaugh Accuser Submits 4 Affidavits Backing Her Claim

But nominee's lawyer complains Christine Blasey Ford hasn't submitted polygraph
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Sep 26, 2018 8:31 AM CDT
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., arrives to speak with reporters about the confirmation for President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, following a closed-door GOP policy...   (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
camera-icon View 3 more images

(Newser) – Lawyers for Christine Blasey Ford say they have submitted sworn affidavits to the Senate Judiciary Committee from four people who say she told them she had been assaulted in high school. The four sworn affidavits are among the information the committee is considering on the eve of Ford and Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's testimony Thursday, reports the AP. All four documents say that Ford revealed the information well before President Trump nominated Kavanaugh to the high court in July. They come from Ford's husband and three family friends, who say Ford mentioned the incident in 2012, 2013, 2016, and 2017.

Two affidavits, from Ford's husband, Russell Ford, and from the coach of their son's baseball team, say Ford named Kavanaugh as the assailant. In the other two, Ford did not name Kavanaugh but said she was assaulted by a federal judge. Meanwhile, a lawyer for Kavanaugh says Ford has not turned over key information related to her accusation. Beth Wilkinson said Wednesday on CBS' This Morning that the results of Ford's polygraph test and her therapist's notes are not among the materials turned over to the Senate Judiciary Committee on the eve of her testimony, "even though they were requested." (The Senate GOP has hired a female prosecutor to question Ford and Kavanaugh.)


My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
8%
14%
4%
20%
1%
53%