Being stuck in political limbo is no excuse for not looking ahead, especially when your opponent has a head-start. Per the Washington Post, here’s what insiders say Barack Obama should do until it's official:
- Go to the Middle East: Try though he may, Obama can’t fully reassure Jewish voters until he visits Israel.
- Pick the money: All signs indicate Obama will pass on public financing in the general election. He should let his donors know soon, so they know what to do with their funds.
- Get back to the Rust Belt: The more time spent with blue-collar voters in Pennsylvania and Ohio, the better. Perhaps some informal forums in which he talks about god and guns.
- Write policy. Obama needs real fixes to go with his rhetoric. Get in the platform trenches.
- Relax. Take some time off to freshen up. And maybe some new advisers to keep the energy high.
- Get with the people. He seems to like being with people. More NASCAR and state fairs, please.