Rather than GPAs or graduation rates, new research suggests, participation in AP and IB programs is the best indicator of academic success in college, even if the student does not do well in the advanced classes. In light of that, Newsweek presents the nation’s 100 best public high schools, measured by dividing the number of AP tests students take by the number of graduating seniors.
The top five:
- Stanton College Prep, Jacksonville, Fla.
- George Mason, Falls Church, Va.
- Eastside, Gainesville, Fla.
- Jericho High School, Jericho, NY
- Bronxville High School, Bronxville, NY