Memorial Day means beaches, languid hours, and a page-turner within reach—so Salon has collared the season's best thrillers. This year's lineup includes: An art forger who gets in too deep; a Stalinist official who tries to do good; and a college prof who needs help solving an imaginary murder. Let's dive in!
- Hold Tight - Harlan Coben (Dutton Adult)
- The Forgery of Venus - Michael Gruber (William Morrow)
- Child 44 - Tom Rob Smith (Grand Central Publishing)
- Obedience - Will Lavender (Shaye Areheart Books)
- Losing You - Nicci French (St. Martin's Minotaur)