Is it happy hour yet? About 20% of Americans regularly go out for drinks with colleagues after work, says a survey from careerbuilder.com. Reuters runs down the highlights:
- Most go out just to be social, but about 30% say they do so to gossip or only because they feel obligated.
- Only 4% dared admit to breaking out in karaoke with co-workers.
- 5% said they shared company secrets while under the influence.
- 8% admitted to kissing a colleague, while another 8% acknowledged generally unprofessional behavior.
- 10% shared personal information about a co-worker.
- Though 21 percent thought going out was good for networking, only 15 percent thought it had any direct benefit on their career.