Movie sequels strive to be bigger and badder with each installment. Entertainment Weekly singles out 14 film franchises that should wrap up production—for good:
- The Mummy: Eight long years is enough.
- American Pie: Straight-to-DVD spinoffs drained the raunchy teen comedy of its fun.
- Bring It On: How many movies can you make about cheerleaders?
- Austin Powers: The spy-spoof schtick wears thin.
- Starship Troopers: The first was a cult classic, the rest just pests.
- Saw: One was enough to turn stomachs. Five is overkill.
- Indiana Jones: The ho-hum Crystal Skull proved this franchise is over the hill.
To see the complete list, click the link below.