Absinthe is back on sale in the US after being outlawed since 1912 because of a compound believed to cause hallucinations, but two brands were approved for sale last year. So Esquire rounded up the five best bottles of absinthe.
- Vieux Pontarlier ($65): Absinthe at its finest.
- Versinthe ($55): This "training-wheels" absinthe weighs in at just 90 proof.
- Mansinthe ($65): Goth rocker Marilyn Manson's brand, made in Switzerland.
- St. George Absinthe Verte ($75): A domestic absinthe, and acquired taste, from an unusual recipe.
- Pernod Absinthe ($65): The favorite before 1912, Pernod is back and tasty as ever.