Unruly football fans can be ejected from games without a refund under the NFL’s first “Fan Code of Conduct” issued yesterday, USA Today reports. Fans can now be booted for being drunk and disruptive, using obscene language and gestures, or throwing objects on the field. Code violators even risk losing ticket privileges for future games. NFL officials said the code was established because of a mounting number of fan complaints.
Here's the lowdown on what will get fans kicked out:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that result in irresponsible behavior
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
- Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
- Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans