Harley-Davidson's attempt to trademark its “Hog Call” V-twin engine sound stalled, but about 300 sounds have made the cut. Mental Floss sounds off on the 17 best-known:
- The first trademarked sound: NBC’s chimes, the notes G, E, C
- MGM’s lion’s roar
- Tetris’ “electronic Russian folkstyle tune”
- "D'oh!" Fox owns Homer Simpson’s fave expression
- The yodelled "Yahoo!"
- No song here: the spoken letters "AT&T"
- The Doughboy giggle, owned by Pillsbury
Click the link below for the complete list.