No Charges for Bale in Mom/Sis Assault
Brit prosecutors says they have 'insufficient evidence' to press the case
By Harry Kimball,  Newser Staff
Posted Aug 14, 2008 1:54 PM CDT
Bale and Heath Ledger in a scene from "The Dark Knight."   (AP Photo)
camera-icon View 3 more images

(Newser) – Christian Bale will not be charged in the alleged assault of his mother and sister, the BBC reports. A spokesman for the British prosecutor’s office said there was “insufficient evidence to afford a realistic prospect of conviction.” Bale and his family have been incommunicative with the press since the incident at a London hotel last month, after which Bale was arrested and questioned.