Toy companies keep reinventing our favorite childhood playthings, but the new versions almost never stack up. Babble lists 20 classic toys that didn't need facelifts:
- Monopoly: Give us our thimble back! The game that taught us to handle money has become an ad for SpongeBob, American Idol and the like.
- Etch-A-Sketch: Forget boxy black drawings. Now kids sketch in color or "call up the Dora fun screen for a little relief from the stultifying world of creativity."
- Lincoln Logs: Once made of actual wood, these 21st-century "logs" are now hewn from plastic.
- My Little Pony: The adorable ponies of yesteryear have given way to sassy, grown-up fillies in slutty clothes.
- Tonka Trucks: Today's flimsy trucks—tin stretched over plastic—can't do the heavy lifting the old metal monsters could.
Click the link below for more bad toy remakes.