Just like their big-league heroes, Little League players compete each year in their own small-fry World Series. But Deadspin offers 10 reasons to cancel the big game:
- Flat-brimmed caps: Learn to crease those caps boys.
- Giving up home runs to Canada: No self-respecting team should lose to hockey players.
- The National Anthem on violin: Is there anything less manly?
- Overzealous parents: You're way too into it.
- The Goodyear Blimp: Just plain overkill.
- Crying: Quit humiliating bawling kids on TV.
- Instant replay: Let them duke it out the old-fashioned way.
- Old men: Stop shelling out snack bar money—they're not your kids.
- Dugout, the mascot: The "Disneyesque" rodent doesn't inspire.
- Pretentious pledges: Lose the "I Won't Cheat" patches.