Granted, managing to create a college mascot whose gigantic foam appendages perfectly straddle the line between ridiculous and comically appropriate is no easy task. That said, the folks at Radar magazine didn't have to dig too deep to discover a batch who utterly obliterate the line. The worst offenders:
- Evergreen State's Geoduck: Essentially a Pavarotti-esque taco sandwiched around a green glob with human arms.
- Campbell University's Gaylord the Camel: A camel with a mohawk giving a double thumbs up does not a good mascot make.
- Xavier University's Blue Blob: It's ... a blue blob.
- Stanford University's Pine Tree: Looks like a cross between a green tipi and Satan.
- UC Santa Cruz's Sammy the Banana Slug: At least it looks like a slug.