John McCain turned heads by choosing Sarah Palin today as his running mate, and the Weekly Standard explains why she’s the right woman for the job.
- Democrats just wrapped their glitzy convention, but the Sunday talk shows will be abuzz with Palin chatter.
- The mother of five softens McCain’s “crotchety” image and revives his reputation as “fly-boy and gambler."
- Dems forfeit their monopoly on youth, change, and history.
- Palin could help snatch brooding Hillary supporters.
- Democrats may claim racism, but Republicans could retaliate with charges of sexism.
- As a mother of a Down syndrome child, she’s a human face for the pro-life movement.
- Cindy McCain can’t take on Michelle Obama, but Sarah Palin can.
For more of the Standard
's thinking, click the link below.