No matter how bad the current financial situation gets, popular music offers something to ease your woes. Hope you haven't pawned that iPod just yet: the LA Times brings you the best in recession-tastic classics:
- "Can't Buy Me Love" (Beatles): Single, former Lehman Bros workers will be spinning this one in heavy rotation.
- "Fortunate Son" (Creedence Clearwater Revival): It could be worse—you could be broke and drafted...
- "Atlantic City" (Bruce Springsteen): ...or hooking up with some unscrupulous characters in Jersey...
- "The Israelites" (Desmond Dekker): ...or as bad off as an ancient Hebrew slave...
- "Coal Miner's Daughter" (Loretta Lynn): ...or, well, you know.
- "Career Opportunities" (The Clash): But the Brits have a point: having no job is better than having a crappy one...right?
Click the link below for the complete list.