That time is upon us again: the season in which we ignore most of what's going on in the NHL. But this year it might behoove sports fans to pay attention, writes Maxim. Here's why:
- Detroit needs some good news, right? The champs got even stronger.
- Finally, all of the 'Original Six' teams are strong again. Yes, even the Blackhawks. Look out for Montreal, celebrating its 100th birthday.
- Devils goalie Martin Brodeur is poised to smash some sacrosanct records.
- The youth movement gets stronger. Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin meet Stamkos, Doughty, and Hickey.
- Hockey's biggest jerk (Sean Avery) is joining hockey's jerkiest team (Dallas).
- The Coyotes might finally give coach Wayne Gretzky a performance nearer his caliber.
For the complete list, click the link below.