Nothing lifts a Great Depression like a visit to the talkies. Gawker recommends 20 films to watch on your iPhone while standing in tomorrow's bread lines—assuming you haven't already sold your iPhone.
- It's a Wonderful Life: How to survive a bank run, and have a Merry Christmas.
- Grapes of Wrath: Your Ugg boots won't help you on that long march.
- Ironweed: Pick up tips on Depression-era love, even if Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep do get a little nasty.
- Bonnie & Clyde: For a look at a different kind of bank bailout.
- Paper Moon: Take notes—you may need tips from this conman and his wily daughter one day.
- O Brother Where Art Thou: In case you ever flee prison and have to live off your golden tonsils.
- Hallelujah I'm a Bum: And who isn't these days?
Click the link below for the full list, with video clips.