Tired of Joe the Plumber? His life has been turned upside since he became an unintentional media celebrity, the New York Times notes. Among the odds and ends:
- He is a single father, 34, whose real name is Samuel J. Wurzelbacher.
- He does plumbing work for a contractor but is not a licensed plumber. Ohio doesn't require it, but Toledo does. He works in Toledo and lives in its suburbs.
- He owes nearly $1,200 in back taxes.
- Explaining why he initially challenged Obama: “You know, I’ve always wanted to ask one of these guys a question and really corner them." He complained that he "still got a tap dance," adding, "almost as good as Sammy Davis Jr.”
- He called Social Security "a joke" and said: "I have parents. I don't need another set of parents called the government."