The World Series starts tomorrow night, with two teams that might not be so familiar to viewers. With that in mind, John Lowe, writing in the Detroit Free Press, has prepared a list of five players or positions that could be game changers.
- Centerfielders: The Phillies' Shane Victorino and the Rays' BJ Upton have great speed on offense and defense.
- First base: Sure, Philadelphia's Ryan Howard led the league in homers, but Tampa's Carlos Pena is more effective at his position.
- Brad Lidge: The Phillies' closer was perfect at saves this year, but some earlier hiccups could augur doom.
- Tampa: Philadelphia hasn't played on turf this year, and that dome takes some getting used to
- David Price: the Rays' rookie reliever shone in Game 7 of the ALCS; Will he be back?