The Dallas Cowboys regained some swagger today as the New England Patriots won short-handed and the New York Giants won thanks to a bad punt snap, the AP reports:
- Cowboys QB Brad Johnson was sacked three times but Dallas managed to eke out a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 13-9.
- Kevin Faulk’s touchdown catch with 3:13 left to play gave the Patriots a 23-16 win over the St. Louis Rams, USA Today reports.
- The Giants struggled to capitalize on good field position against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but tied the game on a safety and won 21-14 on a 2-yard TD pass.
- Brett Favre struggled all game but connected with Laveranues Coles in the endzone with one minute left, giving the Jets a 28-24 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Brian Westbrook galloped back into all-pro form today, racking up 167 yards and 2 TDs in the Philadelphia Eagles' 27-14 win over the Atlanta Falcons.
- Brees tossed three TDs against his old team at Wembley Stadium in London, throwing the New Orleans Saints past the San Diego Chargers, 37-32.
- The Carolina Panthers remain unbeaten at home and on top of the NFC South after rallying from a 17-3 third-quarter deficit to beat the Arizona Cardinals, 27-23.
See more scores by clicking on the link below.