In 1968 a science fiction writer made some predictions about what 2008 might look like on Nov. 18, 2008. Take a step back into the future with this list from Sci Fi:
- Online shopping: Long before Al Gore invented the Internet, he predicted shoppers would pay their bills and get their goods electronically.
- The rise of home computing: "The single most important item in 2008 households is the computer.”
- Laptop/tablet computers (and email): Ditch that dusty attaché case and start using your portable "TV screen."
And, not so much:
- 250mph self-driving cars: “A great way to get a ludicrous ticket—or killed.”
- A 4-hour work day: If you've got one, fantastic; the rest of us will be over here slogging through the extended 9-5.
- Automated doctor visits: Health care's sorry state might make this prediction the most sickening.
Click the link below for the entire list.