Not only are these investors sitting on mountains of doubloons—a sure sign of financial savvy—but they have also changed the way people think about money and investing.
- John Bogle, founder, the Vanguard Group. Now president, Bogle Financial Markets Research Center.
- Warren Buffett, CEO and chairman, Berkshire Hathaway.
- David Shaw, chairman, president, and CEO, D.E. Shaw & Co. Also founder, adviser, and partner in firms including IDEXX Laboratories, Black Point Partners, Stanford Systems, and Attenuon.
- G. Kenneth Heebner, chairman, Capital Growth Management Limited.
- Bill Gross, chief investment officer, Pacific Investment Management Co., which he helped found in 1971.
- John Templeton, founder, Templeton Growth, which the Franklin Group bought in 1992. Chairman, John M. Templeton Foundation.
- Carl Icahn, chairman and president, Icahn & Co.
- David Swensen, chief investment officer, Yale University Endowment Fund.
- George Soros, chairman, Soros Fund Management; chairman, Open Society Institute; founder, Grove Capital.
- Stephen Schwarzman, co-founder, chairman, and CEO, the Blackstone Group.