Every fan has favorite storylines from the year in sports, but a few were universally intriguing, Reid Cherner and Tom Weir write in USA Today:
- Michael Phelps' eight golds in the 08/08/08 Olympics gave America a reason to root.
- Our favorite hoodied villain, Patriots coach Bill Belichick, finally got his comeuppance in Super Bowl XLII.
- With his knee a ticking time bomb, Tiger Woods scraped out an overtime US Open victory.
- We're still trying to banish the image of Roger Clemens bleeding through the seat of his pants, one of the less savory allegations from his steroids mess.
- Big Brown almost took the Triple Crown, but the enduring image is Eight Belles collapsing.
Read the rest at the link below.