In these penny-pinching times, don’t blow your Super Bowl snack dough on that bucket of chicken or delivery box full of fourth-quarter disappointment. Instead, create your own budget-friendly Pro-Bowl quality snacks at home, Kim O'Donnel writes in the Washington Post. Here are 10 snacking ideas for less than 20 bucks:
- Make your own pizza: Make a few batches of dough and a pot of marinara; tell your friends to bring their favorite toppings.
- If your huddle is less than four, roast a chicken: Why waste energy cooking when you could be watching the game?
- If it’s cold, consider curry. Chicken, cilantro, ginger, garlic, chiles, and a pot of rice will work together to keep you warm until the final snap.
- Can’t do carnivore? Try a veggie plate with hummus or onion dip.
- For bean fanatics, there’s always vegetarian chili or red beans with a Jamaican jerk twist.
- If you’re worried about pleasing everybody, drop back into the prevent defense and whip up batches of meat and meatless lasagna.
For the rest of the culinary playbook on a budget, click here: