When it comes to overall revenues in 2008, all other musicians took a back seat to Madonna. Billboard notes that the top 20 earners all toured, a move that is bringing in more and more money as record sales tank. The top moneymakers:
- Madonna: With more than $242 million, the Material Girl's 'Sticky and Sweet" tour tops the list, even though her album had middling sales.
- Bon Jovi: $157,177,766
- Bruce Springsteen: $156,327,964
- The Police: $109,976,894
- Celine Dion: $99,171,237
- Kenny Chesney: $90,823,990
- Neil Diamond: $82,174,000
- Rascal Flatts: $63,522,160
- Jonas Brothers: $62,638,814
- Coldplay: $62,175,555
To see the complete list, click the link below.