If couples are having fewer public fights nowadays, it might be because they're busy liveblogging their entire breakup on Twitter, NPR reports. Beyond dumping the dude in 140 characters, here are six other ultra-modern ways to become uncoupled:
- Watch "The Break-Up Poem" on LiveVideo.com for tips on how to say "It's over" in sonnet form.
- Take an online quiz to test whether your relationship is over—together.
- Your newly single Facebook status will speak volumes.
- If that didn't get the message across, send an "I don't love you" e-card.
- Let someone else say it for you: Send a ringtone like "Song for the Dumped," by Ben Folds Five.
- Sever all digital ties—block, un-friend, and de-follow your ex.