Dodgers Turn Down New Manny Offer
By Neal Colgrass,  Newser Staff
Posted Mar 1, 2009 6:25 PM CST
Sports agent Scott Boras looks on during a news conference in New York, Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2009.   (AP Photo/Kathy Willens)
camera-icon View 4 more images

(Newser) – The Los Angeles Dodgers tossed aside another counter-offer from Manny Ramirez's agent today, the Los Angeles Times reports. Sounding testy and calling the talks "a distraction" from spring training, team owner Frank McCourt said the two sides would "start from scratch" in negotiations. "And you know what? The world isn't anything like it was in November," he said, referring to the economic crisis.

Scott Boras, Manny's agent, revealed today that he had offered the Dodgers a deal similar to the one he turned down last week—2 years for $45 million with an opt-out clause—but with interest added on millions in deferred payments. No dice, McCourt said. "I would say it's fair to say that I'm a little frustrated," he added.