Austin's SXSW music festival is known for producing hot new hit bands, and with Esquire's pick of the 10 best up-and-comers, you can skip the plane ride to Texas and start the iTunes downloading instead:
- White Lies: Reminiscent of the Killers, they already have a Letterman gig.
- Janele Monae: She's part Motown, part Gwen Stefani.
- The Henry Clay People: Always catchy, often drunk, and a lot like Pavement.
- BoB: A rapper who can tide over those who hunger for more Outkast.
- Vetiver: Like Devendra Banhart? They're his more obscure friends.
- Late of the Pier: Like a frenetic, enjoyably disastrous house party.
Click the link below for the full list.