Science isn't just lab rats and microscopes—how does flying into hurricanes grab you? The most hazardous occupations for you biology, chemistry, and physics nerds:
- Astronaut: 24 US deaths since 1961.
- Biosafety lab researcher: Handle earth's deadliest diseases.
- Hurricane hunter: Fly into tempests to gauge pressure and wind speed.
- Mobile lab tech: Infectious diseases in Darfur. Fun!
- Propulsion engineer: Test rockets, and explosions are least of your concerns.
- Grad student: Everything's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
- Volcanologist: 8 killed since 1991.
- Biologist: Researcher died of herpes after monkey goo got in her eye.