Recessions typically are the worst of times, but they can be the best of times if you know what to buy at discounted rates. Time unveils its list of top recession buys:
- Stores have a glut of fancy duds like cashmere sweaters and formalwear (discounted about 75%), meaning now you, too, can look like a million bucks without spending it.
- Instead of splurging on a new computer, try boosting your computer’s memory, which costs about $70 less than 2 years ago.
- A lobster dinner just isn’t what it used to be, and that’s a good thing, considering prices have dropped about 50%.
- Your job may be in peril, but at least you can ride around town looking for a better one in a new car, because desperate manufacturers and dealers are offering one-time-only incentives like 0% financing.
- If you’ve been pining for a country-club membership, some clubs are waiving or delaying initiation fees—which can get up to $50,000 or more.
For the complete list, click the link below.