On President Obama’s 100th day in office, Mark Halperin of Time provides a White House report card:
- Barack Obama: A-. “Instantly comfortable and highly skilled at the hardest job in the world.”
- Joe Biden: A-: Operates "precisely in the manner he and Obama discussed before he accepted the position."
- Hillary Clinton: A-. “A significant, powerful, worldly, respected figure.”
- Tim Geithner: C-. “Still lacks constituency support where it counts.”
- Michelle Obama: A+. “Aced the traditional role of First Lady while simultaneously modernizing the office.”
Meanwhile, Salon gathers analysts to assess the administration on the big issues:
- Blogger Marcy Wheeler: B- on national security and foreign policy, A on school funding, C on tolerance of “Wall Street flunkies.”
- Sen. Russ Feingold: A on detention and interrogation, D on following Bush's state secrets stance.
- Tax-reform advocate Grover Norquist: D on economy, incomplete on foreign policy and national security.
- New York City doorman Gregory Smith: A on economy, A on national security and foreign policy.