So you're not ready to give up your car for a bicycle to help the Earth. LiveScience suggests 10 baby steps to going green that won't even cramp your style.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Purchase Energy Star-rated appliances, electronics, and lighting.
- Instead of plastic bags, shop with a reusable tote bag.
- Nix paper catalogs and remove yourself from direct-mailing lists.
- Buy produce locally.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Choose clean, renewable energy.
- Plug electronics into a powerstrip and turn it off when not in use.
- Use natural, non-toxic cleaning and pest-control products.
- Buy used furniture built to last.