Everyone needs a little vitamin D, but sunburn (or, worse, heatstroke) is no fun. Protect yourself and your family with these tips from MSNBC:
- Drink up! Plan on 1 gallon of water per person per day.
- Smear on the sunblock and slap on a hat.
- Wear breathable fabrics, like cotton or linen, in light colors.
- Eat salty foods and bananas.
- Schedule outside activities for before or after midday.
- Too much sun? Lie down in the shade.
- Rent a light-colored vehicle.
- Make sure your pet drinks plenty of water.
- Check your car's coolant levels.
- If you burn, stay out of the sun and try some TLC.