Not all Saturday Night Live alums go on to bigger and better things after leaving the show. Time pronounces the top 10 who did.
- Will Ferrell has come a long way since those cheerleader sketches. His latest flick, Land of the Lost, opens today (and judging from the reviews, it's a good thing he already has an enthusiastic fan base).
- Janeane Garofalo and Sarah Silverman didn't last long on SNL, but that hasn't mattered much since.
- John Belushi: The Blues Brother made his mark despite his early death.
- Chevy Chase and Bill Murray were household names then, and they're household names now.
- Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy both went on to win Grammys and dominate screens both big and small.
- Tina Fey dabbles in political impersonations when she's not writing and starring in her network show.
- Al Franken, aka Stuart Smalley, may soon be the junior senator from Minnesota.