Connie Francis Battles Family for Suicide Fan's Bequest
Obsessed woman left singer $300K
By Peter Fearon,  Newser Staff
Posted Aug 20, 2007 2:08 AM CDT
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – An obsessed female fan of Connie Francis put $300,000 in assets in the Sixties singer's name—then shot herself days later. Now Francis, known for her old hits "Who's Sorry Now"  and "Where the Boys Are," is suing the fan's family to collect the money. Relatives claim Francis, 68, exerted undue influence over the retired convenience store manager.   

"It's not my fault she left me the money," Francis told the New York Daily News. "This woman was a fan who came to all my shows. I don't want to be greedy, but it's clear she didn't provide for these people." Francis said the two hadn't spoken in a decade. The fan shot herself last year.