Coroner Rules Gans' Death Accidental
Vegas entertainer died from 'toxic reaction' to pain medication
By Rob Quinn,  Newser Staff
Posted Jun 10, 2009 6:38 AM CDT

(Newser) – Las Vegas entertainer Danny Gans' death early last month at the age of 52 was accidental, a coroner ruled yesterday. The longtime Vegas Strip fixture, known as the "Man of Many Voices," suffered from underlying health problems including high blood pressure and chronic pain syndrome and died from a toxic reaction to a painkiller, the Las Vegas Sun reports. The coroner declined to say how much of the painkiller was found in Gans' bloodstream or whether the singer had a prescription for the drug.