Online dating sites and jury-selection pools may have a new criterion for determining personality traits: sandwich choice. A new study breaks down the deli line, finding, among other things, that BLT lovers are devoted perfectionists who are best matched with loyal, unselfish seafood-salad lovers, the Chicago Tribune reports. More culinary match-ups:
- Club sandwich: Also compatible with BLT lovers, those who prefer club sandwiches are agreeable and committed in their relationships.
- Ham and cheese: Inquisitive and independent, pork-and-dairy devotees work best without any strong love connections.
- Egg salad: Entertaining, energetic, and always craving excitement; compatible with just about any other sandwich type.
- Turkey: Turkey lovers are free thinkers who need space; function best with other turkey lovers.
- Tuna: Competitive, type-A personalities who get along best with other tuna-lovers—or the flexible egg salad person.
- Chicken salad: Perhaps the best type of all for a spouse or partner, chicken-salad lovers are easy-going and understanding.