Coke is currently testing Vio, a carbonated-milk drink it hopes will capture the US market—but Time is a little skeptical. Here are some other misbegotten beverage ideas:
- Coors Rocky Mountain Sparkling Water. Prominent placement of the Coors logo made the company’s spring water look a lot like a beer.
- Thanksgiving Dinner Soda. Everyone likes Thanksgiving, but the idea of turning dinner courses into soft drinks—Turkey and Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, and Fruitcake were flavors—didn’t quite work out for Jones Soda.
- Tru Blood. The show is great, but is the current vampire mania enough to get people to drink fictional fake blood?
- New Coke. Coca-Cola’s new formula was an impressive failure—but led to surging sales of Coca-Cola “classic” when the company abandoned it.
- Cocaine. The makers of Cocaine combined 350% more caffeine than the amount in a Red Bull with a numbing agent to simulate the effects of genuine cocaine—but underestimated the regulatory backlash, in which the FDA ordered a name change.
Click the link for Time
's complete list.