Hard up for cash? Perhaps the Daily Mirror’s list of the 10 most bizarre eBay auctions will inspire you to sell off some of your own belongings:
- Scorned by your ex-wife? Consider selling her wedding dress. If you model it yourself, as one man did in 2004, you could get $6,300.
- Pregnant? One mom got $15,500 from a casino in exchange for the right to name her kid. Fair warning: Said child is now saddled with the moniker Golden Palace Benedetto.
- Scarlett Johansson got $6,600 for her used handkerchief, but that idea probably only works if you’re famous.
- If you happen to be the producer of a hit television show, you could auction off a walk-on part, the way Ally McBeal did.
- If you’re short on worldly possessions, take a cue from they guy who sold his sister. She might not get too upset if, as in this case, the winning bidder ends up marrying her.
- Can’t decide what to sell? Pull an Ian Fisher and sell everything. His “life package” sale, motivated by a painful break-up, included his house, car, and job.
To see the complete list, click the link below.