What does turning 30 mean, anyway? Sam Greenspan knows, because he got Book of Ages: 30 for his, um, 30th birthday. He runs down 11 factoids on the appropriately named 11 Points website. A sampling:
- 30-year-olds keep resolutions: Though 26% less likely to make New Years resolutions, 30-somethings are 26% more likely to keep them. "I totally believe this," Greenspan writes.
- 45% of 30s-somethings will own firearms: Greenspan will stay part of the "slight majority," but he does recall recently thinking: "You know, I could own a gun if I wanted to."
- 96% of gays know it by 30: Greenspan is slightly relieved that this means his obsession with 300, "despite the worst dialogue in film history," will likely not result in a sexual orientation epiphany.
- 0.036% of people are still in elementary school at 30: A cautious Newser estimate puts that number at around 1,500 for the country.
- 99% odds you'll make 40: Whew, writes Greenspan. He gets to write another list, and it'll probably be better, "because I'm writing this still unbelievably hung over from my all-day 30th birthday party."
For the full list, click the link below.