Fall is right around the corner, and with it, thankfully, comes new TV. Esquire runs down the top shows men should be looking forward to:
- Modern Family: A mockumentary in which the guy who played Al Bundy plays the head of three different families.
- Sons of Anarchy: “Hamlet with motorcycle gangs, drugs, and guns.”
- American Experience: Top-notch documentaries on cool-but-under-the-radar topics such as polio and the Alaska pipeline.
- Community: A new comedy from a Sarah Silverman Program writer and an Arrested Development director. ‘Nuff said.
- The First 48: “Like CSI, if it were real. Or Cops, if they did more than settle domestic disputes and chase drug addicts.”
- Brothers: Michael Strahan’s new show is “impossible not to watch. Once.”
- FlashForward: Everyone on Earth blacks out and gets a vision of the future. “Not surprisingly, none of them are watching Brothers.”