Liev Schreiber was “giddy” playing an ex-Marine transvestite in Taking Woodstock, and in his honor, Nerve lists the best cross-dressers in film history:
- John Cameron Mitchell, Hedwig and the Angry Inch: He "is the epitome of ferocity and theatricality that drag queens around the world aspire to.”
- Dustin Hoffman, Tootsie: “Who knew Hoffman could work a sequined gown?”
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Shakespeare in Love: Hey, "the girl can rock a pencil moustache.”
- Hugo Weaving, Priscilla Queen of the Desert: “Not just any actor can pull off both a sinister Matrix agent and a drag queen with an afro wig made of flowers with equal verve.”
- Johnny Depp, Ed Wood: Yes, there is one way to make Depp not sexy: “a blond wig and a fuzzy sweater set.”
- Barbara Streisand, Yentl: Even if the 41-year-old did stretch “credibility as a young girl passing for a young boy,” she deserves a spot on the list.
For the complete list, click the link below.