Like any community, Facebook is home to a diverse range of personality types. The Boston Phoenix identifies 19 distinct varieties:
- The failed model. "Poses repeatedly in front of a computer and pouts in emo fashion." Giveaway: the "Warholian or sepia-toned" profile photo.
- The archivist. The shut-in bent on scanning and uploading his or her entire personal history. "Un-tag yourself at once."
- The grudge holder. Someone has wronged this person, and they reference them repeatedly, but not by name.
- The Erin Brockovich. "Wants to save everything"—and that includes the "abused ferret."
- The linguistic acrobat. Answers to inane Facebook quizzes come "complete with convoluted sentence structure and obscure pop-culture references."
- The geriatric. Unable to grasp the telegraphic style of status updates; "wall posts resemble a Christmas newsletter."
Click the link to see the full list.