Now that American automakers have turned it around, you’re planning to buy an American car, right? No? Well, you should be, writes Jim Montavalli of Money Watch, and he’s got six cars worth snapping up.
- Ford Fusion: A fun-to-drive mid-size sedan that’s getting gushing reviews—Consumer Reports calls it “one of the very best cars produced by Detroit.”
- Chevy Malibu: An affordable family car that makes few compromises, performing just a bit below a sports sedan.
- Chrysler Town & Country: Yeah, it’s a minivan, but it’s got a lot of room, and your kids will love its features.
- Ford Escape Hybrid: The king of small SUVs, it performs better and gets superior mileage to everything else on the market.
- Cadillac CTS: A sports sedan with the usual Cadillac quality, it will put some zip in the morning commute.
- Tesla Roadster: It's $109,000, which may be all you need to know not to buy it, but it may be "the most joyful, eye-catching car on the road."