You may not have known Juan Martin del Potro's name before last night, but after besting Roger Federer to take the US Open, you're likely to hear it again. People dishes five facts about the 20-year-old Argentine.
- He's a giant: At 6'6", compared to Federer's 6'1", he's the tallest Grand Slam champ of all time.
- He's done a lot in 20 years: He turned pro in 2005 and, at 15, became the youngest player to crack the top 200. He's also the youngest Association of Tennis Professional player to win four career titles in his first four tournaments.
- He's big into soccer: He played as much of that sport as he did tennis as a kid.
- He can boast about his win in three languages: Spanish, English, and Italian.
- You don't have to call him Juan: He also goes by the nicknames Enano ("midget"), Palito ("stick"), and Delpo (a mashup of his last name).