If you love swimming but tire of the ordinary and the chlorine-scented, consider these "unusual or cool places" uncovered by WebUrbanist:
- The Dead Sea: Lie back and read a good book in the world's saltiest body of water, which will likely keep you afloat while delivering "an awesome sensation."
- "Bizarrely beautiful depths": Swim alongside monster jellyfish—some about 5 feet across—in places like the Black Sea, the Gulf of Mexico, and Southeast Asia.
- Devil's Pool: Tempt fate by leaning over "the Devil's Armchair" in this Zimbabwean lagoon, which sits on the edge of a 360-foot drop over Victoria Falls.
- Glow-in-the-dark bay: Watch your arms and legs turn blue-green from the radiance of 720,000 phosphorescent organisms in Mosquito Bay, Puerto Rico.
- Cave diving: Plunge into underwater caves like the Devil’s Eye Spring in northern Florida. The brave can even "leap-frog from air pocket to air pocket inside the cave."
To see the complete list, click here