Man In Terror Probe Skips FBI Questioning
Defense team denies he is considering a plea deal
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Sep 19, 2009 4:01 PM CDT
Attorney Arthur Folsom, uses his briefcase to block the view of photographers as he and his client Najibullah Zazi, right, leave Folsom's office on Thursday, Sept. 17, 2009.    (Ed Andrieski)
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – A man under investigation in a terrorism probe in New York and Colorado did not report for a fourth day of FBI questioning today so he could spend a much-needed day with his attorney, the attorney's spokeswoman said. Najibullah Zazi had been scheduled to go to the Federal Building in Denver, but a spokeswoman for Zazi's defense team said he canceled the meeting.

"They are meeting as client and attorney to review the case and the entire situation," she said. "Further meetings with the FBI are not being ruled out. I do know that Mr. Zazi is very tired," she added. The FBI had no immediate comment. Zazi, a 24-year-old airport shuttle driver, insists he is not involved in terrorism and has no links to al-Qaida. His defense team denied reports that he is considering a plea deal related to terror charges.