Lean times can go to the back of the class when it comes to college presidents. A record 23 of them raked in more than $1 million last year, up from nine in 2007. Not so surprisingly, many of presidents reigned at institutions among the 58 which charged more than $50,000 in tuition and fees last year, up from just five the year before, AP reports.
Here's what the highest paid college and university presidents collect:
- Shirley Ann Jackson, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute: $1,598,247.
- David Sargent, Suffolk University: $1,496,593.
- Steadman Upham, University of Tulsa: $1,485,275.
- Cornelius M. Kerwin, American University: $1,419,339.
- Lee C. Bollinger, Columbia: $1,380,035.
Click the link for the complete list.