So by now you've heard of—or God help you, sampled—the gluttonous monstrosity known as KFC's Double Down, but how does it stack up in the less-than-healthy world of fast food? Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight runs the numbers, creating an index of fat, cholesterol, and sodium in which the Double Down rates a 1. He finds worse chicken gut-busters:
- Panera Chipotle Chicken: 1.49. It's not even considered true fast food, but it runs about 50% more of "the bad stuff."
- McDonald's Chicken Selects (five, with ranch): 1.23.
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito With Cheese, Salsa: 1.16
- Boston Market Chicken Carver: 1.14
But the real offenders lie in the world of burgers:
- Wendy's Triple Baconator: 2.45
- Hardee's Monster Thickburger: 2.24
- Burger King Quad Stacker: 1.58
- Sonic Jalapeno Cheeseburger: 1.36